Friday, May 25, 2012

Spring Festival 2012|Lord of the Rings Online

Lord of the Rings Online Spring Festival is now live in Middle Earth, from May 24 – June 11, 2012.

Don't miss the great Spring Festival Guide from Casual Stroll to Mordor.

I got ingame for a short while this afternoon, and I must say that I am very impressed with what I saw. The festival is occurring much later than it used to, it used to start in late March, but this year LotRO really enhanced the Anniversary event, not only in content, but it also ran for almost a month. The Anniversary event then displaced the Spring Festival, timewise, but from what I have seen of the Spring Festival, the wait was worth it!

When I first played LotRO, it was during the open beta, and the Spring Festival was in full force - flowers, flowers everywhere! That was my first impression of the game - flower gathering and merriment! The last two years, flower gathering was not a part of Spring festivities, which was disheartening ... where was the spirit of Lord of the Rings without the quest for flowers? Now flower gathering is back, and I am very happy. I ran through the West Bree fields gathering as many violets as I could.

So, I got my nostalgia hit, yay!

I only did one other quest, as that was all I had time for. This quest is new this year - and I received it by spotting a poster nailed to one of the beams that holds up one of the Breetown entry gates, just inside Breetown. That was the first nice touch. It did seem that it was going to be a quest like any other, kill 10 or gather 10 fill in the blank ... but the story line wove around in quite a delightful and unexpected manner, taking me through some new sights. I am not going to say anymore about it, I don't want to spoil it for others. I hope you pursue this quest ... it does have something to do with tiny turtles ... and with that, I'll say no more.


No comments:

Post a Comment